Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Too Long Gone!

Finally, the bug for blogging has finally stung me once again! We are six months through this dreaded “D” and time has begun to rapidly pass once again…Thank goodness! Most of the soldiers from 3rd ID have returned to work and Ft Stewart is once again filled with people, traffic and activity. I must say that it is a little odd to me to go to the Commissary, just to find they are out of just about EVERYTHING I need; as are all of the other major grocery stores in the area. I guess even the Commissary must adjust to expanding by 100%! All is okay though, I just drive to my nearest Publix (which, consequently, is about 30 minutes away) and all is good again~ I love Publix! To top it all off, we are well within our R and R countdown!

With each New Year come many new opportunities for us all, and I am proud that Army Wife Network has afforded me the opportunity to grow with them. I am now heading up the News 6 department as well as taking on the revamping of the Post With the Most Segment. There will definitely be some quirks, and I definitely have a ton of learning to do, but I think this is going to be a very good thing for us all! Please bear with me as I try to find my niche, and tweak these to my personality. If any of you find anything at all lacking, please contact me and I will try my best to solve the issue.

All of that said; our very first Post With the Most for 2011 is Fort Bliss, Texas! Army wife Network’s Mandy has done most of the leg work on this one, but I am totally trying to find a fun way to get you guys all of the awesome information about this beautiful installation. I can tell you all from experience that Fort Bliss is “an experience”…. Crazy at first, but then you slowly conform to the way of life in the American Southwest, and it is truly a majestic place to be. I miss my time spent at Fort Bliss; after all, how many Army installations allow you to be within twenty minutes to 4 Targets? That’s right the shopping is GREAT in El Paso, but so are the new and amazing amenities at Fort Bliss! So, stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment