Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

In a Nutshell

Well, I decided recently that, since my last blog was lacking in posts, I would start a brand new one.... One I am determined to update as often as I possibly can. Life here in Ackles' land is always full of unique, fun and challenging moments. With three girls, you can imagine how busy one "single" mom can become. No, I am not single, but much of the time I am going it alone. In just this short summer we have all (yes, all 5 of us) conquered another birthday, said goodbye to daddy (yet again), Done Disney (yep, me and the three things), gone on a road trip by choice, not necessity, and came home to start a school year anew!

Eric spends his days wasting away in a Margaritaville type setting... well, kind of. From what I gather there are palm trees and a lot of sand, cigar smoking and starry nights. He misses us and we miss him, but we knew what we were getting into when we thought this through together. I could never match the pride I felt watching him get on that bus and fly away on that plane; he looked smokin' hot in those ACU's and I was simply proud he was mine.

Our girls are growing quickly... too much so, it seems. Gone are the sleepless nights and days spent at home. My life has become a giant carpool! It seems I never quit running between the three little ladies. My baby has started pre-school!!! Allana is loving swimming, and Angelina seems like she is soon to follow; although she likes to dance also. Abbi will be moving up in her own swim classes this fall; as well as toddler gymnastics stuff here on post.

I am back in the swing of thing here at Fort Stewart. I forgot what it was like to have to completely start all over at another post! I miss Fort Bliss, but I am slowly adjusting to Infantry land. I am volunteering a great deal, like always, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment