Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chasing that dream....

So, I have this dream. It's a dream that I think every normal, and possibly not so normal, people my age dream about. I want a home.... not just someplace to live; commonly referred to as "quarters" on this military journey.

This is the home I am talkin' about....

Here is another view...


I found this home on my many journeys through coastal Georgia to find said perfect home to live in while stationed here. Then Soldier guy came and ruined my hopes because of the distance of my dream home from Fort Stewart. Well, I say he ruined my dream, but not really.... I still have the dream, I just have to wait a bit for it. But through the process of realizing that sometimes we have to wait for the things that we want, rather than need, I came to the conclusion that for ten looooonnnngggg years now, I have been chasing a dream rather than chasing reality. The here and now, the enjoyment of what I have been gifted, the excitement of the unknown things this life will bring.

This is the home I live in now... we call this our "quarters".


Our quarters, are to say this least, not stellar. I would be okay if this was, like, some great historical home with real wood floors and great arched doorways, wood doors and trim. But, it's not. In this house lived past General's, Colonel's and such but, seeing as how Fort Stewart is not that historical, I'm just gonna have to deal with my reality. the vinyl wood floors and all. Hey, at least it has a fireplace, right?

All that said... the point of this blog is to tell you all that I am overhauling my quarters. Cabinets and all. Because, honestly, I have to live here and my cabinets are about 50 years old (the work guy who comes and fixes our stuff said they were built in a workshop here a looonnnggg time ago) and I just cannot live with them. I have faced the fact that my children will never have the most awesomely decorated rooms, that were built just for them, in the home they would live in forever; no matter how much i wish they could. My fireplace won't have the mantle I really want, and my bathroom does not (and will never have) that awesome stand alone tub and great shower with eight shower heads. But I'm gonna try and make this home almost as great in a "portable", moveable way and I'm taking you all on this journey with me, like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment