Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's MEET ME MONDAY!!! {Hero's at Home}


For all of you who have not read my blog for a long time now; this one is an oldie but a goodie. In light of recent events in Tampa, I thought I would post this again. I can't tell you why or I would have to kill you. Haha, just kidding... my bestie was one of the agents that brought down that maniac! thank God for people who are always on duty even when we are all oblivious to certain situations ;) I thank you guys for all you do every day!!!!!

I think most of you know by now that I am the wife of an American Hero… a Soldier. What most of you do not know is that I am the niece, cousin, daughter, granddaughter and best friend of equal men and women. While many from my family and friends were Soldiers also, they now stand ready to serve here on the home front. They have wives, husbands and children… their lives are in danger daily; they sacrifice so we can sleep safely in our beds. While our Soldiers are serving heroically globally, these men and women serve on the sometimes angry streets of America. I am as equally proud of them as I am my very own hero.

As America struggles to stand firmly on it’s own proverbial feet economically, the most desperate of people act out. Some will chalk it up to a “War on Cops”; maybe, but I’m not buying it. When the economy crashes, people go just a little crazy- but that’s a whole other story. Still, the facts remain that, in 2011 alone, 26 Police Officers have been killed in the line of duty; it’s only February. Their families, like us, worry. They watch them walk out the door fearing they may never walk back in. We need to support them. Our soldiers leave one grueling, earth shattering time for their tour of duty; theirs leave daily.

Don’t get me wrong, I know what’s it’s like to watch my soldier leave. To have to explain to our children why his side of the bed remains made for the most part. Why I set his place at our table, even though he’s not going to be joining us. I’m not going to compare a year-long deployment with a 40 hour work week. I just want to create awareness. I recently heard the wife of a Police officer, and a school teacher herself describe how her hero flashed his cruiser lights every day before leaving for work for his small children. The day he was murdered, he ran them for an uncommonly long time. He did that every day… how does she now explain that they will never see those lights flash in their drive way again? No, there is no comparison, but there are so many similarities. The fear must be very close to the same…

As an Army wife, I have been so honored and privileged with the support that we are given by the people and the government of the great U.S.A! There will never be enough words to express what it means that, for the most part, the nation has my back. But, it’s time for us to give back. We need to empower our sisters and brothers in arms. Let them know that we are here for them and that we support them. We know the fear they feel each day as they watch their hero leave for their “tour of duty” on the mean streets of America. We appreciate their sacrifice. Ultimately, we get it…we really do.

So, to my cousins who serve on the mean streets of Detroit (these guys were Soldiers first), my father (also a soldier first) who served before them, my best friends who serve in our Federal Law Enforcement Community, and all of my friends serving as Police Officers in New York and Florida THANK YOU! You keep me safe when my hero keeps our Nation safe. Your family makes the sacrifice daily… I SUPPORT them fearlessly and I THANK them!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment